While a hard worker, you or a loved one may have suffered an injury at work, one that left you with a brain injury. If your injury was severe enough to leave you unable to work, you may wonder what your recourse options are. Chalkley Law is here to help you understand your rights and legal options with the help of a Social Security attorney in Ocala.
Common Causes and Types of Brain Injury
There are multiple causes of brain injury:
- Trauma, such as the type caused by penetration
- Stroke, which can result from a blood clot in the brain
- Severe brain infection
- Brain surgery
- A lack of oxygen to the brain
There are also different types of brain injury:
- Concussion, from direct blows to the head
- Contusion, from bruising to the brain
- Mild traumatic, such as from a loss of consciousness
- Moderate traumatic, recognized by impairment in thinking, movement or behavior
- Severe, which can appear due to crushing blows
Collecting Social Security Disability
Those who work with a Social Security attorney in Ocala and are deemed unable to work because of their brain injury could qualify for Social Security disability. Your brain injury also has to match the Social Security Administration’s definition of a disability. Additionally, your injury has to be severe enough that it disqualifies you from working for at least a year.
Because the SSA doesn’t hand out benefits to just anyone, you are much better off working with an attorney to fill out all the necessary paperwork and submit all required documents, along with evidence that proves your disability.
Reach Out to Us Today
Don’t delay – start working with a Social Security attorney in Ocala to work toward receiving the Social Security benefits you deserve. For your free consultation, contact JW Chalkley III, PA today at 352-629-7511. You can also fill out the convenient online information form.