J.W. “Tex” Chalkley, III, Attorney
Attorney J.W. “Tex” Chalkley, III was born in Texas. He received his bachelors degree from Auburn University in 1968 and graduated from the Florida State University College of Law in 1971. He was admitted to the Florida Bar in 1971 and served as Assistant to Florida Lieutenant Governor Tom Adams and as a Labor Law Adviser to Governor Rubin Askew. For more than 25 years, Mr. Chalkley has been actively involved in Workers’ Compensation, Personal Injury and Social Security disability Law. He has served on the Florida Workers’ Compensation Rules Committee for the Florida Bar for nine years. He has served on the Florida Criminal Law Professional Ethics Committee, Florida Disability Law Committee and the Florida Labor Law Committee. He is the past Florida Co-Chairman of the National Organization of Social Security Claimant’s Representatives (NOSSCR). He has been a lecturer for NOSSCR and the National Association of Disability Examiners (NADE).
• Supreme Court of the United States, since 1976
• United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, since 1985
• United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, since 1975
• United States District Court, Northern District of Florida, since 1971
• United States District Court, Middle District of Florida, since 1975
• Florida Supreme Court, since 1971
• ABA – American Bar Association
• ABA Health Law Section
• MCBA – Marion County Bar Association
• NADE – National Association of Disability Examiners
• NADR – National Association of Disability Representatives
• NOSSCR – National Organization of Social Security Claimants’ Representatives (past Florida Chairperson)
• NOVA – National Organization of Veterans’ Advocates, Inc.
• Florida Professional Ethics Committee
• Florida Disability Law Committee
• Florida Criminal Law Professional Ethics Committee
• Florida Labor Law Committee
• Florida Criminal Defense Attorneys Association
• Florida Workers’ Compensation Rules Committee (9 years)
Carli Chalkley was born in New England, but grew up in Florida and California. Following high school, Carli joined the United States Army and became a helicopter mechanic. After serving in the Army, she returned to school and studied Criminal Justice at the University of South Florida. She has worked in the legal field since 1979, and has been a member of The Law Offices of Chalkley since 1987. Carli holds the positions of Office Manager, Bookkeeper and Legal Assistant. In Carli’s free time she enjoys hunting, fishing (fresh and salt water), bowling, scuba diving and reading.
Originally from North Carolina, Tracy has lived in Ocala since 1994. Tracy was a travel agent for over 17 years before joining our firm in 2002, and has been using that same friendly and accommodating mentality for over 8 years as our receptionist and Workers’ Compensation Legal Secretary. She is responsible for the initial interviews with potential Workers’ Compensation, Personal Injury, Medical Malpractice and Automobile Accident cases. She works very closely with all staff members to ensure that all clients are handled with respect and efficiency.
Cathy, Workers’ Compensation Case Manager
Cathy has been a member of our firm since 2000. Prior to joining our team, she served as a Federal Work Study/Financial Aid Specialist with Central Florida Community College, where she was instrumental in assisting hundreds of students receive financial aid as well as acceptance into the Federal Work Study Program. This background in assistance with financial aid cases has made Cathy a natural fit as a Case Manager for both Workers’ Compensation and Social Security Disability cases. Cathy is dedicated to her work and enjoys helping injured workers and disabled individuals receive the benefits they deserve.