It’s All About Your Safety – Ocala Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Wind therapy. There’s nothing like it. You’re cruising through life on two wheels not caring where you go because it’s all about the journey. Until it’s not. In 2018, according to Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, Marion County experienced 168 motorcycle crashes resulting in 152 injuries. A motorcycle accident attorney in Ocala can speak with you about the importance of what to do if you’re ever in an accident. The following lists will reiterate the conversation you have with the attorney.
Keep Yourself Safe
1. Always wear a helmet and safe riding gear. Yes, sometimes it may be hot. But would you rather have a few bruises or severe road rash and brain trauma?
2. The open road is hypnotizing. Don’t let your mind drift. Pay close attention to other vehicles around you.
3. Don’t drink and drive.
What to Do After an Accident
1. Call 911, then check yourself and others for injuries. Go to the hospital and have the doctor confirm you are fine. Though you think you only have a few bumps and bruises, there may be damage that’s not visible.
2. Take pictures of the accident scene. Include your motorcycle, the other vehicle and anything additional that may be involved. Try and take the photographs before the police clear the road.
3. Depending on the severity of the accident, if you are able, move your bike off the road. First responders might need the roadway clear to get to other areas of the crash.
4. Get information from everyone involved, including the officers who are investigating, the other drivers and any witnesses. Obtain an accident report from the police. Be prepared to call a motorcycle accident attorney in Ocala when disagreements over the incident arise.
5. Contact your insurance company as soon as possible to make a claim. Give them all the information you have obtained.
Contact a motorcycle accident attorney in Ocala for extra protection and peace of mind. Let them focus on your case and get you the settlement you deserve. Call JW Chalkley, III, PA today at 866-629-7511 for a free consultation OR fill out the online contact form.
Comments are closed.