If you are the victim in an accident which has resulted in physical injury, lost wages or other harm, you may be entitled to file a personal injury case to receive compensation. If you’re considering filing a claim with the help of an Ocala personal injury attorney, here is what to expect from your case.
The Phases of a Personal Injury Case
- Consultation: speaking with a personal injury attorney in Ocala can help you to discover if you have a strong case worth pursuing or not. Your attorney will listen to the facts as you present them and offer their advice on how to proceed.
- Gathering Evidence: If your Ocala personal injury attorney feels that you have a strong case it is time to begin preparing it. This involves gathering any supporting evidence to your claim, including medical bills and accident details.
- Demand Letter & Filing: Using your evidence your attorney will help you to determine the size and terms for your claim. The opposing party will have the option to accept, counter offer or decline. If the offer is declined it is time to file formal suit.
- Discovery: The discovery process is a vital part of our justice system wherein both parties must share their evidence with the opposing side. This makes it easier for both sides to assess the state of the case.
- Resolution: Following discovery you may still strike a deal in light of the new information, or you will proceed to resolution either through mediation or trial.
Why You Need to See a Doctor for Your Case
Visiting a doctor for your injuries is a crucial step in a personal injury case. Not only does this help to establish the size of your claim, but can also provide valuable evidence for validating the extent of your injuries which your Ocala personal injury Attorney will use in your case.
If you’ve been involved in an accident and believe you may have a personal injury case to pursue, contact J. W. Chalkley, III, P.A. at (352) 629-7511 today to schedule a consultation or visit our website and fill out the online contact form.