Accidents can happen at any time. If you slip and fall in a store, office, or other business space, do you know what to do? Before you call a slip and fall lawyer in Ocala, it’s a good idea to understand your rights and what steps you should take.
What To Do When You Slip and Fall
- If you are seriously injured, call emergency services. In addition to the obvious injuries such as lacerations or broken bones, if you hit your head on a hard surface, it is a good idea to get medical attention. Contacting emergency services helps to legitimize your claim if it goes to trial.
- Determine what caused your fall. Was the floor slippery or were there unmarked uneven surfaces?
- Get contact information from any witnesses. Even if they didn’t see you fall, if they can testify to unsafe conditions, this helps your claim.
- Take photos of the area where you fell and any items that might have caused the fall.
- Write down everything that happened and any employees you may have talked to prior to the fall.
- If you seek medical treatment, document the costs of your care. Also keep records of your diagnoses, prognosis, and what the doctors have told you about your injury.
What an Ocala Slip and Fall Lawyer Can Do For You
To successfully make a slip and fall claim, you must prove that the property owner was negligent and therefore liable for damages. This is where your attorney at JW Chalkley III, PA steps in. They can determine if there was a hazardous condition that the property owner failed to properly take care of. They will also look at your behavior and activities. If you were engaged in an activity that prevented you from noticing the hazard or were ignoring hazard warnings, this will affect your claim. Hire an experienced slip and fall lawyer in Ocala such as JW Chalkley III, PA and get the help you deserve. Call them for a FREE consultation at (352) 629-7511 or fill out their online contact form.